8/08/2010

90 days 'till New York Marathon...Wait...What?

Ran: 50 min - 6.3 miles / 10K - pace work-out




Checked out the New York Marathon website today and their marathoncountdown clock was happily ticking away saying it's just another 90 days 'till the marathon.
Wait a minute? 90 days? That's like 12 weeks! Even the whole race week schedule is on the website yet. It seems like yesterday that I registered for this thing (in November 2009), and I really had no idea that I have only 12 weeks left for training. Wow! Time flies when you're having... Well, time flies when you're going from one marathon to another! :)
That was just the kick in the butt I needed to do my pace-workout today. I was really feeling blah this morning (headache, sore throat, etc.) and figured it would be OK if I would just skip this one (normally I'm not really a workout skipper). Especially since it's the week after the marathon. But knowing I have only 90 days left, I hit the trails this evening with runningbuddy A and that actually helped the headache. :)


And I'm really getting excited now. Even went through my NY travel guide a bit. :) Just 90 days left! :)

Question: Who else is running the New York Marathon? (I know, about 40,000 people, but you know what I mean :) )

6 comments:

T said...

Me!

Silly Girl Running said...

Yay! Now there's only 39,999 other runners I don't know! :)

Lisa said...

I didn't realize you're running NY! How awesome! I did it last year and it was amazing. There will be so many people along the whole route cheering for you. It's a pretty incredible thing.

Silly Girl Running said...

Thanks Lisa! Really looking forward to it! :) Fingers crossed that I won't get some kind of injury or something...

Is the waiting at the start really as long and awful as they say it is?

Leah B. said...

NY would be so fun! I'd love to do it someday! You are going to do great! Glad your headache went away!

Silly Girl Running said...

@ Leah Thanks Leah! :) Who needs Advil when you can run? ;) Well, I DO need Advil, but you know what I mean. ;)