5/19/2011

Three Things Thursday

1. Marathon. Marathon?: Taper madness didn't kick in this round. Might have something to do with me not tapering. Might. ;) I'm in full 'I'm training for the Swiss Alpine Marathon K78 50-miler, and should focus on logging miles' mode. Did Back-2-Back long runs last weekend. My legs don't feel fresh and rested. At all. Hopefully this marathon will make a great training run. However, I wouldn't be my silly self if I wouldn't be already kicking myself for not getting a new PR. Yeah, great one, silly, great one... The keyword is 'training run'... Repeat. Till I've convinced myself to not feel bad...


2. City trip: On a more positive note. Travelling to Edinburgh (United Kingdom, or should I say 'Scotland' :)) could just turn out to be a great city trip. Any advice on what to see/do? :)


3. Scotch Whisky and Kilts: On an even more positive note: I plan on doing some Whisky tasting when I'm in Edinburgh. Yeah, I'm a girl, and I love Whisky. To make matters worse, I even smoked cigars in my sorority years. Yeah, I know. Get over it.


Oh, and since Edinburgh is not only known for the Whisky, but also for the guys wearing kilts... Well, let's just say that I expect to give you a full report on whether or not those Scots go commando when wearing a kilt. :)


Hey, I'm twenty-something and single. Give me a break. ;)

8 comments:

Francisco Villegas..Marathoner/Triathlete said...

Did you take that picture while running? you silly girl!

rinusrunning said...

Leuk plaatje en je weet dat onder die rokjes de toekomst verborgen zit!.

Sweat Is My Sanity said...

Oh that's an ugly pic. lol! :)

runningtobeskinny.com

Beth said...

mmmm. whiskey! I love it too. Keep reminding yourself TRAINING RUN!! It should be a really fun trip.

Allison said...

I hope you have a fun trip! I've been debating signing up for a marathon as a training run for another marathon, so I'll be interested to see how it goes for you.

Jen Feeny said...

Scottish Men... *DROOL*

So long before there was a Spike there was "Scotland," a month long fling that should never have happened but his accent got me every time. LOL! Be careful around those rugged Scottish men!!! Can't wait to hear your stories, please include pictures!!! :)

Zaneta @ Runner's Luck said...

haha! That kilt picture is funny... I got my running skirt and wore it in my half marathon!! I LOVE IT!! If I had more money I would buy one in every color ;) lol

Char said...

So you're hoping for a windy time in Edinburgh?!!