5/09/2011

Oh yes, I did...

...join the Marathon Maniacs.

And yes, I'm fully aware of the fact that Tracy might never, ever ever, talk to me again. And I'm truly hoping on her checking in with her forgiving side, and finding the courage to meet up with me again at the NYC Marathon (I'll promise not to wear the MM shirt). That is, of course, if this accident prone silly girl (moi, not Tracy) makes it to the start line in one piece.



So, why did I decide to join?

1. Because I could;

2. Because I ran two marathons in two weeks - both in 'too hot for a marathon' heat - I needed something to remind me of that;

3. Because one of the guys at Marathon Maniacs told me that I would be the first Dutch member. Since I'm too slow to ever be first at any race, I'll take what I can get;

4. Because the Marathon Maniacs seem like a great group. I love chatting to other runners at the start and finish line and during the race (oh yeah, I'm that annoying girl...);

5. I was in a sorority in my University years - we used to walk around in the same shirts all the time. And I still think that's fun. Pathetic, I know;

6. Brightish yellow colors look kind of good on me. At least, I like to think so...

Hello, fellow Marathon Maniacs, #3755 is reporting for duty! :)
(Okay, I'm joking here. Okay? I'm not that weird...)

14 comments:

T said...

I forgive you :)
It made me laugh.

Now... you should try to talk me into it. I do like the arm warmers they have for sale...

Jen Feeny said...

Congrats!!!!!!!!! You totally earned this!

Bonnie said...

congrats! I'm MM# 3140 and they're a great group of people. You need to get a pink diva shirt.

RunToTheFinish said...

woohooo, i love it!! i would actually consider the half marathon maniacs

Jamie said...

Fun! I work at a summer camp so i totally understand the fun with wearing the same shirt thing! Lol.

ATTrio said...

I think that sounds awesome! Best of luck =) -Jen

dawn @ running the dawn said...

that's so awesome! i have MAD respect for the maniacs. i credit my ENTIRE BQ race to the help of a maniac who ran with me from mile 15 to the end. cause as soon as he heard that i was going for it, he wanted to make sure that i got it. he coached me through some rough patches and saw me cross that line just a step ahead of him.

Rose @ Eat, Drink, and Be Meiri said...

You are a maniac. It's awesome.

Holley @ Lunges and Lashes said...

i love your daily "kick in the butt"! that is PERFECT!!!

Karen Seal said...

How funny! Yay for the MM!! You so deserve to wear that shirt! :0)

Unknown said...

Welcome to the group! MM#2428.

The Green Girl said...

Good for you. My running group is on a Marathon Maniacs/Half Fanatics kick right now.

Run Jess Run said...

I was wondering when you were going to do that...good for you!

Beth said...

You are a total maniac, I'm glad you found yourself a support group :)