2/15/2011

Who is in? - The 'And yet another Swiss Alpine Marathon post' post

Who's in?

Just watch this (and, yes, I'm fully aware of the fact that I'm risking boring you to sleep with all my Swiss Alpine Marathon talk...my sincere apologies for this one ;)):

I found this clip on YouTube: Courtesy of Schum71
The more I look at clips from the Swiss Alpine Marathon K78, the more I realize that I would really love to share this experience. Fingers crossed - I truly hope that I can make it on my one, but still - sharing it would be amazing.
So, who's in? If things will turn out the way I hope they do, I promise to be a good girl and to wear a skirt - all smiles! :)

11 comments:

T said...

I would LOVE to do the marathon. (Not the ultra - you're nuts there.) If only int'l tickets weren't so ridiculously expensive these days...

KovasP said...

This looks cool but for a european race I think I'd prefer the Mont Blanc Ultra.

Silly Girl Running said...

@ T: Are plane tickets to Switzerland that expensive when flying from the US? That's just wrong!

@ Kovas: The Swiss Alpine K78 is actually one of the qualifying races for the Mont Blanc Ultra. :)

misszippy said...

That would be an amazing race! May put it on my bucket list...

PunkRockRunner said...

This is too close to my Ironman Canada and the same weekend as the SFM but I’m in for 2012 if you run it again. It looks amazing.

All the best,

Ron

Beth said...

Hmm, what weekend was that again? All your pics and descriptions sound amazing!!!

Johann said...

You'll never bore me with posts like this. If I could I'd be in for sure.

Bonnie said...

Wow that looks like an awesome race. But to much for the plane ticket:(

Becka said...

I would love to... but don't think I can afford it. Like the others, plane tickets are a lot. I'm still going to be in St. Peterburg in June. Were you going to join me?? :D

Amanda R. Tosh said...

Hi, I'm considering doing the swiss alpine marathon and was wondering how you plan on getting to the race... what airport/ train to take. I'm living in Brussels and am trying to figure out logistics before i commit. thanks :)

Silly Girl Running said...

Hi Amanda! Please shoot me an email at sillygirlrunning[at]hotmail[dot]com. :)