2/03/2011

Three Things Thursday

1. Meat: As part of a healthier life style, I've been reducing my 'meat-intake' in the last couple of months. I eat a lot of fish and veggie-burger-thingies, so I'm okay protein-wise. Yesterday at dinner, I realized that my meat-intake is reduced to once every two weeks at dinner and 2 or 3 times a week for lunch (a pastrami sandwich, etcetera). Not too bad! :)

2. Canicross: For those of you that are new to my blog, or do read my blog but missed all of the canicross posts (I can't blame you...seriously...I still can't believe that my mom isn't my only follower...), I love canicross! Canicross being running with your dog, or two dogs. What it looks like? There you go:

This photo was taken in May 2010.

You know how you sweat during a run? So does my dog. He's all wet and sweaty when we get home after a run. And there's the catch. I don't always finish the run and immediately hit the shower to warm up. Sometimes I'll just hang around and have a drink with running friends. Or, on vacation, I'll have a drink at an (outdoor) bar afterwards. And I get cold. And throw on a sweater to warm up. My dog doesn't have one, and his (wet) fur won't keep him warm. And the temps are still pretty frostbite-ish out here. So...I've bought my dog a thermo coat (not the 'fancy' dog coat kind of coat, but the type of coat they use for sled dogs...real bad @ss! ;)).

He doesn't look too comfortable in it yet...

3. Throwback Thursday: 2003. My University days. Sorority Prom night. Make-up faux pas...

10 comments:

Kevin said...

It's very strange to see you in an outfit that does not include something that is not pink.

Chewie would love for me to buy him a Canicross. I will have to see if they sell them around here.

Kevin
HalfTRIing.blogspot.com

Jessie said...

Our little puppy just turned 1 last month. We are waiting till it warms up and we will start training with our Maggie! I cant wait!! Iwas looking through your blog trying ot find out what kind of dogs you have? Are they Poodles?

Bonnie said...

I thought our dog was spoiled, but I think you have us beat. It's great you take them running with you. I've never even heard of a Canicross. BTW your dogs are adorable. They look like a large one of ours.
I would love to not eat meat. But it's hard to get the family on board.

Emz said...

loving that photo. hot mama! :)

YAY for less meat. I find I feel better when I keep it to 3-4 times a week. ;)

Jason said...

Love the dog sweater. Great idea.

And who always showers the minute they get home from a run. I can find myself sitting around my house almost the entire morning after a run.

Karen and I go to brunch at the same place on the weekends smelling and stinking as well so it happens. No worries.

Silly Girl Running said...

@ Jessie: Yep, they are Standard Poodles! Great breed. :)

@ Jason: Hahahahaha! Thanks, now I feel less bad about myself. ;)

@ Emz: Hot mama? Are we talking about the same photo? ;)

Silly Girl Running said...

@ Kevin: Ha! Funny guy. ;) If you google for canadog.ca: they sell Canicross gear in Canada and the States.

@ Bonnie: Thanks! They are pretty cute, aren't they? :)

Silly Girl Running said...

@ Bonnie: Oh, and Lordie is not spoiled. ;) He's just high maintenance. ;)

Bonnie said...

Yep, if we had more room I'd get a dog like yours. High maintenance is right but they're worth it:)

Running with the Pack said...

Hi, I am just getting into both running and canicross myself, with my Beagle, Murphy. We both love it! My only regret is that we didn't start sooner!

I recently stumbled across your blog and it's been a great read. So much so, you inspired me to start my own blog to document my progress. Keep up the good work!