Bicycle: kicked it into gear for 60 min - 20 min strength training
We don't do Thanksgiving in the Netherlands. Why? It might have to do with the fact that we didn't have the whole Indians / Pelgrims thingie. ;)
But I do think that it's important to count your blessings. And by picking Thanksgiving to do so, I'll be reminded of my blessings at least once a year. And that's just what this girl needs to keep herself from becoming a Negative Nancy or Debbie Downer.
Don't mock me, I'll mock myself...
In case you didn't already notice. I'm the girl that doesn't take herself too seriously. I have this non-lady like, black, sarcastic sense of humor. Add a welcome dose of self-mockery and a looong ponytail, and there you have it: crazy old Me! However, being the sarcastic muppet that I am, does make me sometimes forget that I have a lot to be grateful for. And believe me, there's a lot I'm grateful for!
1. For starters, my Mom. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be able to spend as much time running as I do. Not only does she cheer me on like I'm Haile himself, but she puts up with me whining endlessly about injuries. Plus all the pre marathon talk... Yeah, she's pretty much SuperMom to me.
2. My dog and two cats. I love them to pieces. Apart from the office, my dog comes with me where ever I go. I can't even put down in words how much he means to me, and how much I love that crazy poodle.
3. The pile of bricks I call my home. It's old, it's got character, and it's mine. Plus, it has beams, a Tord Boontje lamp and a chandelier. That doesn't suck either.
4. The gift of running. You knew this one was coming. 11 months into running, and it has given me things I couldn't have imagined to be possible.
5. Curry, and more specific: shrimp and crab curry.
6. Public transportation not being overcrowded and being on-time.
7. Hot Chocolate - with mini marshmallows.
8. Compression tights.
9. Waking up on a Sunday morning, opening the curtains, and the first thing I see is fresh snow and a bright blue sky.
10. Winter running weather.
11. Having my annual check-up and my MD telling me that I'm healthy and fit.
12. Good friends, that will even put up with my marathon training cycle OCDs.
13. Fitting into my skinny jeans. During the holiday season.
14. Telemark skiing.
15. A Christmas Dinner without a dress code. Hello, sweat pants!
16. A running buddy that sticks with me, even when I'm recovering from an injury.
17. Service dogs and the volunteers training them. Without her service dog, my Mom wouldn't be able to be as active as she is.
18. Books, and being able to read. Shouldn't take that for granted.
19. The Swiss Alps and mountains in general.
20. Frasier re-runs on Comedy Central. Yeah, I'm a nerd, I know. Get over it.
21. My current relationship status: single. Doesn't suck. Doesn't suck at all. :) I kind of love having the entire bed for me, myself and I (okay...my dog has taken over 75% of it, but you get the point). :)
What are you grateful for?