11/24/2011

Thank YOU!

This is not the one day this year that I feel thankful. I'm fortunate enought to experience these 'I'm so thankful for...' moments almost every single day. With 365 days in a year, that's a heck of a lot to be thankful for. And even those moments that score high on the 'Yeugh'-scale, there's usually a little blessing attached...hidden somewhere - in a hard to find place.


As for this year...let's face it...I did have some rocky lows. Not going to lie about that. But the highs (till this very day of this year - not making up the scores yet)...the highs...are more than I could have wished for. More that I dreamed of. It gave me a lot to be thankful for. And I do realize that ... every single day. Putting them in writing - today - makes me realize even more, that there are a couple of true gems in this list. :)


1. My mom:


I could not have wished for a better mom. The support and love that she has shown in this crazy running journey I've been on this year, is out of this world. She knew that I would make it through those Swiss Alps in that 50 miler, while I only started to believe I could when I crossed the finish line. I can't think of a way to put down in words how grateful I am for her love and support.


2. (Running) buddies:


The number of (running) buddies I've met through the last couple of months, while doing something that I love, is huge. Yay on new friends! Double Yay on friends that get your passion. And won't tell you to slow down or get a life. ;)


3. My bod:


Knock on wood, but so far this year...it has been cooperating. And that is something to be thankful for.


4. Doggios!:


They make those intervals and long runs so much more fun! :) Heck, they make life more fun! :)


5. Jelly Beans:


After years of searching for the little bastards, I am now reunited with my beloved licorice Jelly Beans. ;) Hey, don't shoot me for trying to lighten up this post. ;)


6. New Marathon (and half) PR:


No BQ and still slow, but that 3:42 in the Full Marathon IS a PR. A PR I'm still freaking excited about at this very moment. A PR I couldn't even have dreamed of a year ago. Let this slowpoke have this, okay? ;)


7. Toenails that actually grow back:


The ones that had left the building, are now back for more action. Hello, shiny nail polish!

2 comments:

Michael Selmer said...

We all have a lot to be thankful for! Nice post, Christel!

B. Jarosz said...

Oh those pesky toenails! (I have one that's trying to make a break for it, too... but they always come back.) :)