7/13/2011

Things you do not want to have to deal with when already freaking out over a mountain race

1. The weather forecast for the Swiss Alpine is...challenging. At least. I already knew that there might be still snow up at the Sertig Pass area, but now the forecast shows chilly 'need to wear a hat and gloves' temps and rain. Equals: very slippery trails. At a 15-20% incline and a 27% decline. Recipe for disaster for this clumsy frog. Hmmmpppffff......

2. Your favorite trainers just died on you (Newton Lady Isaac). Out of the blue. And no single European retailer seems to have them in stock. Hmmmmpppffff...

3. Doubt creeping up on you. I've been checking my training stats a gazillion times a day in the last couple of days. And the doubt thing is getting worse by the day.... Hmmmmmppphhhh...

4. Sudden dead-lines at work. Enough said. Stressed out...completely. Hmmmmpppfffff....

5. Thunder storms (serious thunder storms) in the weekend that you'd planned to do your last long long run in. Hmmmmpppffffff...

6. Ongoing headaches in the last couple of days. 3 days and counting. Jeugh... Where's the Tylenol? Hmmmmppppffff...

7. Outfit bonanza. Too many choices. What the bleep should I wear on race day? Hmmmpppffff... (although, this isn't a real 'hmmmmppffff'', since picking an outfit isn't a non-fun thing to do. ;))

8. Lack of sleep due to all of the above. Hmmmppfffff...

9. No time to hit the grocery store for fresh veggies due to all of the above. And this should be the moment to work on your veggie and vitamin intake. Hmmmmppfffff....

10. Plain 'malaise' due to 'that time of the month'. Enough said. ;) Hmmmpppfffff.....

Okay...I'm done complaining now. ;) I know, I know...hardly worth complaining over, but still...let me have this. ;)

What did you have to 'deal with' in the weeks leading up to a race?

3 comments:

T said...

Does this mean I should expect a shipment of Newtons to my apartment this week? ;)

Silly Girl Running said...

@T: Hahahahahaha! No, T, of course not! I'm not that bad. ;) Still hoping that they might have some in the UK by mid-August so I can train in them for NY.

The Green Girl said...

::big big hugs::