8/17/2010

Reasons why I run... Twelve for Tuesday

Ran: 5 miles / 8 km - 44 min - tried to take it easy because of The Hip

1. because I can, it's a true gift;

2. to burn off the S'mores Poptarts I added to my breakfast, lunch and dinner today (sorry Santa, I've been a bad girl);

3. to show off my new runningskirt;

4. because my dog loves to come with me, and when he's happy, I'm happy;

5. because I know my grandmother would have loved to see me race and I know she's with me every step of the way;

6. running makes it so much easier for me to handle work related stress and not go absolutely insane over it;

7. it makes my legs look toned;

8. I can eat like a pig on the day of my weekend long run, and my calorie intake for the day would still be negative;

9. because it makes my Mom proud (she's still bragging about me finishing the Swiss Alpine Marathon; makes me blush every single time, but I think it's so sweet!);

10. it takes me to the most beautiful places;

11. runners are great to be around. Since I picked up running I met so many great and positive minded people;

12. because I'm a Runner, and love being a Runner!


OK, I'm off for a date with the treadmill (will try to post pictures later). In case you didn't know yet: I do NOT like treadmills. It's a necessary evil, though...


Question: Why do you run?

14 comments:

Becka said...

Yes. Necessary evil. Loathe the treadmill. Great list!

Silly Girl Running said...

@ Becka There should be a way to make treadmill running fun. Someone, please, come up with the magic idea!

Becka said...

I can tell you what does NOT make it fun. Watching myself in the mirror!! My old gym wasn't AS bad because there were at least TVs and magazines. My sister reads her Kindle while she runs (AND listens to music)... talk about multi-tasking, lol.

Silly Girl Running said...

That's the best idea ever! I'm taking my Samsung e-book with me tonight! :)

RunToTheFinish said...

HI!! I just found your blog and love it already, the picture is too cute and this list I so agree with!

Annet said...

haha and like I read the other day, running is a lot cheaper than going to the shrink :) I totally agree!

T said...

Love it!
Fwiw, I canNOT read on the treadmill. I've tried. I get distracted and trip over myself :)

M said...

I hate treadmills too, but it is necessary when the weather isn't so great outside! This was a fun post. We have lots in common as to why I run!

Silly Girl Running said...

@ Amanda: Thanks! That's sweet! Hope you enjoy reading my blog! :)

@ Annet: Hahaha: running is cheaper than therapy, that's for sure! :)

Silly Girl Running said...

@ T: Apparently I can't read on the treadmill either...I know that for sure since I almost tripped and fell of the treadmill on tonight's run, because I was paying attention to my e-book instead of trying to stay on the 'mill...

@ M: Thanks! :) Treadmills are made for hamsters, not for human beings...I'm pretty sure about that. :)

RunningRonald said...

and 13: because we runners look great just by running :)

Silly Girl Running said...

@ Ronald: Hahahahahahaha! Da's een goeie! :) Al heb ik wat foto's van mezelf tijdens het lopen die geen schoonheidsprijs verdienen. ;)

Anonymous said...

what new running skirt did you get?

Silly Girl Running said...

@ Heather: The cheetah! :) Hasn't arrived yet, but can't wait! :)