8/22/2010

Forgive me, Runninggods, for I have sinned...

...because this is what I decided to wear to my Canicross Running Group practice this morning:

Spare me the soccer jokes; only heard those 1 billion times today...

Yep, that's right, that's not a runningskirt. Guess I was in a boyish kind of running mood this morning. It was also the first time in about 6 months that I had running shorts on. What can I say, I'm a runningskirt kind of girl. :)
And since I decided to dress up like David Beckham, Lordie decided to dress up like GI Joe:
Well...the fairy version of GI Joe that is. You can tell he loves the look...


Today there are officially just 11 weeks left 'till the New York City Marathon. Yikes! That means the next 8 weeks are all about long long runs and marathon pace work outs! I couldn't be more excited! :)


I'll just have to figure out what pace to choose for these marathon pace work outs. BQ-pace or safe pace? With The Hip and all, safe pace might be the more sensible choice... Like running two marathons in your first year of running is the sensible thing to do. ;)

Would you play safe or just give that BQ a shot and see how close you can get?

Ran: 6.3 miles / 10K - 60 min - intervals with water stops for the dogs

8 comments:

Annet said...

Who are you asking, as if you don't already know :) and please please please get rid of the terrible shirt and short!

Silly Girl Running said...

@ Annet: hahahahahahahaha! Dat shirt is inderdaad foeilelijk, maar ach...met dat canicrossen is er toch geen eer aan te behalen. ;)

Becka said...

I still wear shorts sometimes too...

I am in no way fast enough to even consider a BQ time so I have no advice for you (wow, you are speedy!!)

Silly Girl Running said...

@ Becka: The whole BQ-dream is probably out of the question if I try or not, because of the Hip. I could also take it slow and just take lots and lots of pictures! :)

T said...

I'm ordinarily a fan of going for the loftier goal, but NYCM is pretty hilly (no mountain, though, that's for sure!!). How conservative is your "safe" pace?

Leah B. said...

I do like the shorts... you still look cute and trendy! I want to try out some running skirts myself. If you are worried about The Hip, I'd play it safe!!

Silly Girl Running said...

@ T: Hilly....hmmmm...after that mountain marathon I'm done with hilly for at least a couple of months. ;) Safe pace would be 8:50 min/miles.

Silly Girl Running said...

@ Leah: Thanks for the advice! :) Runningskirts are very comfy! And I have to admit I kind of liked the shorts too on yesterday's run. ;)