12/21/2010

Throwback Tuesday! - The Sorority Years and Why I should stay away from fire...period

Ran: 3.2 miles / 5K Cycling: 30 minutes through heavy snow
If I don't post this now, I'm pretty sure that Kevin (http://halftriing.blogspot.com) will put me on his black list, so, here you go! Throwback Tuesday!

The Sorority Years

Sporting some kind of combat-like cheerleader outfit. Why? I don't know. It probably seemed like a great idea at the time.
Why I should stay away from fire...period

Summer 2006, Kenya. Shortly after this tourist trap / ritual the chief asked my mom whether or not she would sell me to him for 50 cows and 20 goats. He was willing to pay her in dollars in case it was too inconvenient for her to travel with all this cattle. Such a gentleman...

6 comments:

RunningRonald said...

50 koeien en 20 geiten? heeft die man nog nooit van inflatie gehoord... Laat 'm maar ff opnieuw rekenen :)

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

He really wanted you! Good thing your mom didn't accept his offer. heehee

I love your header photo!

Kevin said...

That's awesome!! No more blacklist for you. But how about some older pics? Collage was like a year ago for you. :-) 50 cows and 29 goats?! It's darn expensive. Cane you throw in some chickens?!

Kevin
HalfTRIing.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hey there! This is totally random as I'm new to your blog, but I just wanted to say that your header photo is amazing! It looks gorgeous and like one hell of a workout!

Silly Girl Running said...

@ RunningRonald: Nou, inderdaad. ;) Maar scheen nog best een hoog bod te zijn, hoorde ik achteraf. Toch wel een beetje gevleid. ;)

@ Shellyrm: Thanks! :)

Silly Girl Running said...

@ Kevin: Well, gee, thanks, but college was a bit longer ago. ;) I age well. ;) Hahaha! I have some pics form when I was 2 years old for next week. Prepare yourself! ;)

@ twentysixandthensome: Thanks! :) It was a hell of a workout; my muscles are still sore. ;)