If so, you probably already know that I'm happily single. If not, now you know. And I run, in case you didn't notice that already. ;)
Lately different people told me that they are pretty sure that I will meet the guy of my dreams at the New York Marathon. Okay.......without me asking for such an opinion - just for the record. These people don't know each other, but apparently they feel the same way about this subject (and apparently they still feel that there's something wrong with me for being single, but I'm trying to ignore that). I don't. I think it's very unlikely that I'll meet the guy of my dreams while involved in a sweaty activity (okay...that sounds wrong....). Let me rephrase that. ...while involved in an activity that leaves me with a certain facial expression that's not one you'd call attractive or 'sexy'. Sounds only slightly better, but you get the point.
I started Googling on the subject and I was surpised to find that apparently lots of people do meet / get a date at a race. Who knew? And it made me wonder...is there something called 'dating etiquette for runners'? What pick-up lines would you use when hitting on someone at a race? It would be pretty weird to use the same pick-up lines that you (mostly guys, though) would use in a bar. 'Would you like to dance?', 'Can I buy you a beer?' or 'I lost my tongue, can I borrow yours?' would just sound weird at the start line or during the race. I came up with a few runner specific pick-up lines. Please do feel free to add other Runner pick-up lines to this list!
- Can I be your Pacer Bunny?
- Your P(l)ace or mine?
- Do you want me to tie you up? (referring to shoe laces, ofcourse)
- Can I buy you a Gatorade? (lame, I know, but might do the trick)
- I'd like to nibble on your Powerbar. Would you like to nibble on mine?
- Are you tired yet? Me neither, I can go on and on for hours. I'm an endurance athlete, baby.
- Would you like to share a heat sheet when we're done? Or will my heat do?
- I love the way that skirt shows off your quads.
- Ice bath? Together...
Any thoughts on getting a date at a race? Please do add you favorite Runner Pick-up lines!