10/04/2011

Race photos 101 - How to add a 'subtle touch'

Well...this edition of 'Race Photos 101' has any chance of being a classic...

Race photos from last Sunday's Köln Half Marathon are up. Warning: these photos point out why the world should thank me for not pursuing a career in modelling...


500 meters in. I look like I'm 'in the zone', but...on the upside...am still fully dressed... How to get this look? Think 'grumpy' thoughts right after the start line (and boy, was I feeling grumpy...too effing crowded!).



19K later (20K-ish mark) I've ditched my tank top. I may of may not have traumatized some kids. Check out the 'boy am I hot' face... And me twisting my ankle on those effing cobble stones! At least...for once...I'm not heel striking in the race photos.



Okay, now we're talking. I seem to be doing some sort of skipping move. Great way to entertain the photographer. Works even better when singing 'I feel pretty' at the same time. Even when it's obvious that you're feeling nowhere near pretty...



Race photos 101 - advice no 2431: Find a fellow runner in a colorful outfit. Stick with the guy to color clash that all black girl's photo, then chick the guy. Oh yeah.



Make an 'Ooooohhhh!' face when crossing the finish line. Finish line pic fail guaranteed!



Uhm...the girl in that pic...she doesn't even look like me...I hope! This photo might just haunt me for the rest of my life... Then again...that photographer is a huge a-hole for even posting this: hello, have some mercy!

5 comments:

Paula IJzerman said...

mmmhmhMHMMPFRTWHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Those are awesome! You've rocked those pics. :-D

Badass to the bone. :-P

Gert said...

they are great again!:-D

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

First comment on your last photo. If I had you body I wouldn't care what kind of face I was making!!!

Second, I have more OOOOO faced race photos thanks for my forced breathing habit while running.

lastly, why do race photogs always get a runner in weird strides? Why can't I ever get a photo with my legs, feet and face all in a great position? Oy

rinusrunning said...

Prachtige mooie blauwe ogen op de laatste foto!.

Unknown said...

Aw, not so bad! Stop being so hard on your superfly race photos!