1/13/2011

Three Things Thursday

1. The Foot. Sucktastic is still 'the word' to describe the 'The Foot' situation. I'm seeing another MD this afternoon. Why? I woke up in more pain than I went to sleep with yesterday. Walking: still limping. No improvement whatsoever. Plus the cyste on the ankle is twice the size it was yesterday. Not good. Not a happy camper. And I really want to be positive minded about this one. But it's hard. And I apologize for that to you all. I'll stop whining now. :)

2. Throwback Thursday. Don't be fooled by the haircut: I'm definitely a girl! And once again, I'm sporting the preppy European girl look. Lacoste polo, deck shoes, field hockey stick. I had pretty much mastered the preppy look at age 2. To this very day I'm still surprised that Ralph Lauren himself did not ask me to model for him. No hard feelings, Ralph. Your loss. ;)



3. Speedo. Again, not a girl to break a promise. So, here we go: a photo of me in my Speedo...
......
swimcap. I felt so cr*ppy because of The Foot that I honestly did not feel confident enough to confront you with my bod covered in a Speedo. A high cut Speedo. Showing more leg than a Rockette does. I'll promise to share a photo of the 'Speedo' one of these days. ;) I do. :)

Awkward...Really no other word to describe this...

13 comments:

Jessie said...

So Ive kinda (well not so much) been having a little foot pain myself. About 2 weeks ago I ran a 10 miler a little on the fast side (well fast for me) and ever since my left foot up towards the pad by my toes is achey. I had taken a week off and it is still achy. I was thinking it was a SMALL MYNUTE stress fracture from increasing my miles plus all our crappy sidewalks here in MI. Hoping it goes away! Sorry about yours. Theres nothing worse then not know what to do to make it better!

Emz said...

you
are
such
a
tease.

Speedo cap. nice. well. played.

Jen Feeny said...

Tease!!!! I'm sure all the boys around the blogosphere just got majorly bummed out!!! LOL!

Love the throwback pic, I have a similar pic with the short do and my brother always asks who the little boy is in the family pic despite my telling him over and over it's me. I think he does it on purpose.

I hope the MD can tell you what's going on with the foot!!! NO BUENO!!!! :(

Kevin said...

Did you ever have the feeling your parents wanted a boy? Cute photo.

Nice "speedo" picture. Now you are going to get all the guys searching Google for the keywords "Redhead Girls in Speedos" LOL :-)

Kevin
http://halftriing.blogspot.com/

Silly Girl Running said...

@ Live, Love, Run: Sorry about your foot pain! It sucks, doesn't it? Made me realize that you really do need these nasty buggers for running...

@ Emz: I promise I will post a pic of the Speedo. Promise. Promise promise. :)

Silly Girl Running said...

@ Redhead: It's official: this boyish haircut is a redhead-thing. Has to be! I'm thinking 'conspiracy'. ;)

@ Kevin: Well..they did have a boy. Two years later. But I still looked like a boy. Maybe they actually wanted 2 boys. ;) Poor me. ;) I will post a Speedo pic one of these days, but don't come back here and tell me I didn't warn you. ;)

Kevin said...

Hey, how did you find Speedo pictures of me! You better not post them!! That would be worse than today's sailor pics. I would look like a beached whale.

Kevin
HalfTRIing.blogspot.com

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

That photo of you is so cute!...the childhood one, the speedo (cap) was just a tease!

Unknown said...

Aw, feel better!

Anonymous said...

O...m...g... we have so much in common. Preppy little blonde girls that were competive swimmers! On opposite ponds but perhaps a bond.

Hey, sorry about the foot. Ouch. Please keep us posted what the doc said. I saw my sports MD today too w/ fairly good news. Had myself a nice steroid shot.

I am going to DM you too for some blogging advice/help.

Cheers pretty girl. It will get better. R.I.C.E !!

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog, although I may not always comment! I nominated you for the Stylish Blogger Award. Please read my post tomorrow for the instructions :o) theresheruns.blogspot.com

Hope the foot starts feeling better for you!

Silly Girl Running said...

@ Kevin: Hahahaha! You're a tri guy: you'll look just fine in a Speedo! ;)

@ Shelly: Thanks! :)

@ Ms. Duffy: It sucks, doesn't it? :(

Silly Girl Running said...

@ nordicmoxie: That's so sweet of you! :) So glad that your knee is OK! And the foot sucks. Big Time. But I will get out of this a stronger runner, right? Right? ;)

@ Kadie: Thanks!!! Too sweet of you! :)