4/13/2012

Confession time again

After running a 50 miler 2 1/2 weeks ago and a marathon 4 days ago (and I went out too fast on that one - since target pace was 4-ish hours), I have another planned marathon this Sunday. Long story short: my legs = no happy campers at the moment. Yep, I'm screwed. Big time.
The way I'm handling this? I squeezed my butt in a pair of compression pants. Have my hopes set on those pants squeezing the yuckiness out of my legs. Sounds like a plan, right?
Since the brilliant plan of squeezing the yuckiness out of them might not work, I'd gladly take any advice you can hand me. So, bring it on!

2 comments:

Johann said...

Ouch! My advice won't help much. I would just go and run the race as good as I can. The sore leg experience will be handy during your next 100 miler :)

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Just run for fun. Let your legs tell you what pace they can handle. If you want to be able to do these (nearly) back-to-back marathon+ length events you have to learn when you head is saying go hard and when you body is disagreeing. The plan is for injury free.

...and wear the compression during the event too.