3/22/2012

About that 50-miler

What I've been trying to ignore for the last couple of weeks is this Saturday's planned 50-miler in Paris, France (Eco-trail de Paris). As long as you pretend it's not there, you won't get the chance to freak out, right? Uh-huh. Brilliant thinking, if you'd ask me. ;)

So, I've mastered the 'not-freaking-out' thing up till this very moment. That's a plus. Down side of this way of approaching a race is that you'll find yourself messing up every cabinet in your house looking for the mandatory gear. And figuring out that you might be lacking some mandatory equipment. Uh-huh. Okay, I might want to rethink this 'not-freaking-out' thing for planned future races.

Brilliant.

Plus, I haven't figured out the outfit yet (freakishly high temps are in forecast...woo hoo).

Brilliant.

Here goes nothing, I guess? Take it slow and see how it goes? Won't hurt if you'll keep your fingers crossed for this nut case, okay? ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Girl, I missed you around the blogosphere :) Crossing my fingers for you, you will ROCK this race! Do you have your Badasstinista gear? ;)

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

You will pull it together as always. But just in case, my fingers are crossed.

heehee love Barbokas' "Baddasstinista"