11/26/2010

SGR says: this is just a serious case of Vagina Envy

Yep, that's right. Vagina Envy. More specific: Running Skirt envy. Big time!
You won't believe what those silly guys have come up with this time. Seriously, you won't!
Running Kilts!
Again, I'm not kidding! Don't believe me? Check out www.runningkilts.com and the photo below:


Actually I, for one, think this is hilarious. I was laughing out loud while I was browsing their website. They even have a 'Free pattern and sewing instructions' section on their website. Too freakin' funny! The same goes for the 'Testimonials' section!

Well, I guess with all the years of us girls wearing running shorts (and 'stealing' those from the guys), we sort of had this coming. ;) And now I just can't wait till I spot a guy in a running kilt. :)

Do you think that the Running Kilt will ever be the running gear of the moment? And, if you're a guy, would you try one?

17 comments:

RunningRonald said...

Ik wil er wel een proberen wat nou als er een rukwind komt?? #upshirt

RunningRonald said...

eh.. dat moet zijn #upskirt natuurlijk

Silly Girl Running said...

@ RunningRonald: Dat begreep ik al. ;)

misszippy said...

I do a race here every December called the Celtic Solstice. They sell those kilts ahead of time and quite a few men wear them for the race. Outside of that, not so sure...but I know AngieBee's husband wears one sometimes!

Silly Girl Running said...

@ MissZippy: Hahaha! Somehow I feel that they won't be as trendy as the running skirts. ;)

AgileToes said...

Sadly this isn't the first I've heard of them! I saw a couple guys wearing them in a race this year, couldn't tell if it was a joke or not. Probably. Likely. But maybe not...

Emz said...

I'm holdin my tongue on this one. Just hilarious.

Pretend this is real said...

Ahahaha!

dawn @ running the dawn said...

i do have to say that during my fall marathon, whilst wearing the red plaid running skirt several guys displayed some serious skirt envy. one guy actually asked me where he could get one. oh...and there's a guy stylist in my area that wears those carhartt style "utility" kilts http://www.utilikilts.com/ so, maybe this will catch on...?

Becka said...

I have seen men in skirts/kilts once in a while. Usually during a costume race. I think most men will stick with shorts.

Run Jess Run said...

I hope they have something on underneath the kilt...no one wants to see that!

Sara said...

If my husband at all like to run - HE WOULD! Besides, he already has his own kilt...

Kevin said...

Check out the goLite running skirts. They are really nice. GoLite.com. I saw them at a store today and thought you would like them. They are really soft. The model I saw was W's Tilly Jane

And yes I would wear a kilt running!

Kevin
HalfTRIing.blogspot.com

Kevin said...

If I ran in a kilt I think that would end up being a popular Throwback post

Kevin
HalfTRIing.blogspot.com

Silly Girl Running said...

@ Kevin: Why am I not surprised that you would run in a kilt? ;) That would be a popular Throwback post! ;) Thanks for the golite-link!

Quinton J said...

Sounds painful.
Although...If there was any photos of me running when I was younger...I'm certain I'd be in a skirt and a bra based on how my visit into my photo albums has been going.

Kevin said...

@Silly Girl Running and @Quinton: Check out http://www.sportkilt.com/category/52/Hiking-Kilt.html Dude, I want one but they are $80.

Kevin
http://halftriing.blogspot.com