11/22/2010

The ghost of races yet to come: Vol. 2 - New York, Chicago or Toronto

Lesson learned: 6 hours of cycling a week + no cycling specific shorts = blisters where you don't want them. Add 2 hours of swimming, and the chloride that comes with that...Ouchie ouch ouch! Enough said.
This injury won't make me love running any less. So, I'm planning next year's races. Fun stuff! And I'm having a hard time deciding what my international fall marathon for 2011 will be. And registration opens soon, and I'm aiming for the 'cheapest' registration fees! So, I need to make up my mind. To help me do that, I'm starting a poll here!
What I've come up with:
1. New York City Marathon (I have some things to settle with this beast...)
2. Chicago Marathon
3. Scotiabank Waterfront Toronto Marathon
Please tell me which one you'd pick! And if you have any other great options, please do share!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would do Chicago. The reasons being that I'm close (Milwaukee) and I'd really like to have my family at the finish line to see me cross, which from what I understand isn't usually an option in NYC. I haven't heard anything about Toronto's marathon, that might be an interesting choice.

Fifty K said...

I've heard lots of good things about Chicago. The crowd support is supposed to be amazing there. I am doing a 2011 international fall marathon as well. Looking to visit family in Scotland so decided to plan the trip around Loch Ness Monster Marathon.

Char said...

It's time to buy some cycling shorts or a gel seat for your bike.

Johann said...

That really sounds ouch! I would do Toronto because I would love to travel there.

Denis Markov said...

Berlin maybe? Not so much overseas, but still a World Marathon Major 45k participants event!

Annet said...

Hey Chris, I recommand New York, or Berlin, and thats because, I'm going with you then !!!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

I bet you do New York again.

Silly Girl Running said...

Hmmmm...I'll probably be a sucker for NY...

@ Annet: Really? Yay!!! :)

Julie @ HotlegsRunner said...

NY Marathon fo' sho'! =)

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I'm your new follower =)

Silly Girl Running said...

@ Julie: Thanks! :)

Quinton J said...

I loved the Chicago Marathon and am contemplating doing it again next year. But if I don’t…I’m doing the Toronto. Who knows…our paths may cross next fall.

Suzana said...

I vote for the Toronto one, since I was considering it before I decided on the Toronto Women's Half:)

(I'm a new follower, and the fact that you ran & finished a marathon with a torn muslce blows me away!!)

Silly Girl Running said...

@ Suzanad: Thanks! :)

Shwetablog said...

grt